Why Electric Heaters
Electric heaters vs fired heaters
Electric heating is a viable and industry established alternative to fuel-based heating systems that run on natural gas, diesel, HFO, etc., generally called “Fired” heaters.
Although these systems may seem cheaper to operate at the outset, a decision on which energy source to use to fulfil your process heating requirements should consider the following:
- With a 100% energy conversion rate from electricity to thermal energy, electric heaters are highly efficient
- Electric heaters do not require fuel supply linkages, and electric heaters insulate the user from the volatility of fuel costs
- No waste or smoke dispose and no environmental or sound pollution means no environmental clearance or statutory compliance required for their installation
- Highly responsive to process requirement, quick to start and quick to stop, electric heaters have low thermal inertia and offer precise and sensitive temperature control
- Electric heating systems have a small footprint and can be installed at almost any location within the plant premises
- A step ahead in moving towards a non-fossil fuel economy
- Safe to install, operate and maintain
A 420kW Electric Air Heater installed at a client location.